Healing Power

Running commentary on how Jesus' Healing Power is affecting my life - and helping me to help others.

Monday, August 21, 2006

The Healing Power of Christ

This is an update to my testimony.

For three years, I was on medication for bipolar disorder. Nearly three years ago, I stopped taking that medication for a multitude of reasons. By and large, I've also been free of symptoms, because I trust God to take them away. Only when I avoid God, whether by choice or by chance, do the symptoms return.

Last week, though, some of the 'less-undesirable' symptoms started raising their head. I call them 'less-undesirable' because, while they are not necessarily desirable, they're not as bad as the symptoms that got me to a doctor in the first place. These 'less-undesirable' symptoms are sleeplessness, talkative, and bouncing from project to project. I must have started five major projects, including cleaning the garage, work on a neighbor's fence, deep-cleaning the kitchen, a blog series on fear, and a musical project. Only the series on fear is still in process, though the kitchen is complete.

These are symptoms of the manic portion of manic-depression, also known as bipolar disorder. These are symptoms of the demons that have tormented me for most of my adult life. After recognizing their return, and with a tremendous desire to 'nip this in the bud', I sat down on Friday night and asked God what was going on. I was no longer focused on Him, but on myself.

After deep consideration of my priorities, and re-configuring them, I was able to get to sleep. The projects were either completed or aborted the next day, and I faced my family well-rested.

The Healing Power of Christ is an amazing thing.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger NChitwood said…

    i finally caught up with you :) glad to see you listened to your woman....you took some good advice i think. although, i liked your other name too. but this seems to hold more meaning for you, which is good. looking forward to reading more on here. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home