Healing Power

Running commentary on how Jesus' Healing Power is affecting my life - and helping me to help others.

Monday, January 01, 2007

First Post of the New Year

This year, I resolve to be...

Nah - I can't do it. I've never been good at keeping resolutions. But, in the spirit of what everyone else is doing today (besides eating black-eyed peas...), I'll make some that I know I can keep, and if I fail to keep them I'll be better off.

So, this year, I resolve to eat as many calories, possibly more, as I did in 2006. I resolve to continue wasting time playing computer games and watching movies for the 10,000th time. I resolve to work out at least once a month - and mowing the lawn counts. I resolve to drive in a manner many consider to be offensive, rather than defensive. I resolve to alienate more people than I have in past years.

See, that's the problem with New Year's Resolutions. I want to become a better person, but I set the standard too high. It's like I'm in a NASCAR race with my factory Saturn. I want to win, but I'm only capable of running at half the speed of those big boys out there.

OK, how's this: This year, I resolve to take little bites out of my annoying habits. I'll cut back some in my eating and increase my sweat time (mowing the lawn counts only 1/2 the time). I'll cut back on my games and movies. I'll drive like I have a fish on the back of my car. I'll show people love - and let curiosity get the best of them.

Still too much! I don't know if I can keep all that.

Hmmm...

Hey, I know! This year, I resolve to spend a little time each day with the Lord. It's what He wants. And He's already given me what I want - mercy and grace. Sounds like a win-win situation.

What about you?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Simpsongirl said…

    Great post, Clay! Michael and I were just talking about this same thing today. It's all about little bites, not trying to tackle it all by January 2.
    And, mowing the yard should totally count!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home