Healing Power

Running commentary on how Jesus' Healing Power is affecting my life - and helping me to help others.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Monday, Monday

Still hate that day.

Yeah, it's no fun being the first day after a weekend. It's kinda like being heartburn after pizza. Or kinda like being bad breath after a nice, garlicky dinner. Mondays ruin a perfectly good weekend.

My weekend was especially good, and especially long. See, it really started about two weeks before Christmas. Granted, I still have to work (being a stay-at-homeschool dad), but my routine was shot full o' holes. Four weeks ago, my kids were sick. So was my wife. I was the only healthy one. Therefore, I was a nurse, not a teacher. It was a refreshing difference. Three weeks ago, we were preparing for Christmas, and we had our homeschool Christmas break. Two weeks ago, we took a few days and went to visit my folks out of town. One week ago, my mother-in-law came from out of town to visit. My wife took vacation between Christmas and New Year's, then a couple of days at the end of last week. During this time, she took over the role as educator. I took a break. So I had nearly four weeks off as prime teacher in this house.

Then today hit. Oh, man. I'm the teacher again. I'm the guy who's responsible for handling all day, every day. Bummer. I am now back in my routine.

So, how do I handle it? I need to get back into my morning routine. Get up, spend some time with God, spend some time in the Word, and write in my blog. I'll be doing this more regularly as time goes on, so keep watching this spot. In the meantime, I'll be napping...

2 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Simpsongirl said…

    I hear you! Mondays are always hard for me too, because even though I don't GO to work on Monday, I have loads of laundry to do. I get used to having Michael's help with the kids over the weekend too - so more is demanded of me come Monday morning.

    At least there is always a Friday coming round the corner. :-)

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger ClayMan said…

    heh heh - and see what my next post is? Not intended - just kinda worked out that way! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home