Healing Power

Running commentary on how Jesus' Healing Power is affecting my life - and helping me to help others.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Putting it all in perspective

Ever heard about how your pain can not compare with someone else's? Ever heard that no matter how bad you've got it, someone else has it worse? Ever stop to consider that's true?

Last night, after struggling over my resumé in an attempt to market myself to someone who may want to hire me. I've been working on computers for over 25 years. I've seen computers grow from gigantic boxes that can do little more than add and subtract to tiny hand-held devices that can perform advanced calculus. (I said "grow". The size has shrunk and the power has grown!)

With all my experience, I should be a shoo-in to be hired on at least as a field-support technician, right? Well, I didn't major in marketing in college. I majored in computers. I love to write. But following the restrictive resumé formats I've seen, I have trouble condensing my experience into two pages. How do you put 25 years into two pages?

So, I lamented to my wife about how unfair all this is. I used a few choice words to voice my feelings about having to jump through all these hoops so I can tell somebody who has no idea what a CPU looks like that I understand how they work. I went to bed angry and depressed because the situation was so WRONG.

Tune in tomorrow to find out how it was all put into perspective for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home