Healing Power

Running commentary on how Jesus' Healing Power is affecting my life - and helping me to help others.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

To Fix the World, I Must Start with Me

"All repentance and renewal must begin with me... Looking upon the evil-doing of others does not help me, and it helps me just as little to marvel at the righteousness of others." - MEDITATING ON THE WORD by Dietrich Bonhoeffer

When I read those words, I thought about recent posts. Can it be that I want, so much, to fix the world, I lose sight of my own shortcomings?

I am not, by any stretch, perfect. I've made mistakes in the past, and I will continue to make mistakes until the day I die. I'm human. But do I demonstrate that humanity when I talk about Christ? Do I show others that I am human or do I show others that I am better than they?

I am working to be like Christ. Humble with lofty goals. He could attain those goals through His humility, because He is God. I can attain those goals through my humility and His work in my life. But the key word is humility.

It is my prayer that I can reach others in His name, in a manner that they do not find offensive, and demonstrate His love to those who don't know Him. I pray that I can find a way to become their friend, just as Christ did, and bring them to Him. I pray that I can do His work, without becoming offended at the lifestyle of those I've been sent to minister.

Yeah, this is a short post. Had some thoughts to get off my mind...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home