Healing Power

Running commentary on how Jesus' Healing Power is affecting my life - and helping me to help others.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Go for the Gusto!!!

This used to be an advertisement for Schlitz beer. I remember the tagline, but I don't remember the tune or even the video. But it said that if you're going to drink a beer, then grab the best beer out there. Well, in 2007, I'm applying that philosophy to my life.

You want to know where I am in my life? I've been playing the game the way people have told me I need to play it. I've been living as if today doesn't matter and all we have is tomorrow. Well, I've written several times in the last month that my timing was off. Yesterday doesn't matter and tomorrow never comes. That leaves me with today.

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life."
"Live today as if it were the last day of your life."
There are more, but these two say are all that's coming to my mind. See a trend here? I'm done worrying about yesterday's mistakes, and I'm done worrying about tomorrow's food. I'm ready to do what God wants me to do, and go where He wants me to go. If He wants me in Houston, I'll stay. If He wants me in Podunk, East Dakota, I'll go. (Yes, Virginia, I know there's no East Dakota.) I'm going where God provides a path to go, and doing what He provides a way to do.

Effective January 1, 2007, my family is freed from the bonds that tied us to the world. We are free to move about God's Kingdom, and that's what we're going to do.

This is a teaser, so there will be more details later.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm....very curious. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home