Healing Power

Running commentary on how Jesus' Healing Power is affecting my life - and helping me to help others.

Monday, April 21, 2008

2007 was a Rebuilding Year...

I'll admit, that during the 2007 we were rebuilding our team. We suffered inconsolable losses and celebrated few victories. We did, however, learn from our shortcomings, and looked at the opening of 2008 as a truly new year with a higher promise from a Higher Power whom I praise and glorify - Jesus Christ, the Annointed Son of God, our Savior and Redeemer.

2007 brought to a head some of the problems I had encountered - especially material greed. In an attempt to teach me a lesson, I had to learn how to live without the finances I thought were so necessary. My friends can attest to how my faith became an empty pit as I grasped onto the fleeting joys of eating meat. My wife became an expert at making two meals out of a single chicken breast, saving the bones for me so I could nibble the meat. We learned that brown rice is more nutritious than white rice and will fill the tummy faster. We learned that a couple extra bucks on fruit will keep the kids healthy and filled without buying all the junk food. I learned that I could be happy without all the material things that bring only temporary joy. We found that Medicaid is not a bad word, even for the fiscal conservatives we have been raised.

In response, the Lord told me to stay put at the job which paid so poorly. He demonstrated His providence for us, in that we never missed a house payment, never missed a meal and our cars - though apparently on their last legs - are still operating well and passing inspection. We have become like the Israelites in the wilderness, receiving all the blessings and still grumbling because it's not enough.

Finally, though, several of my customers asked me why I was selling cars when I should be working on computers. I accepted this as a directive from the Lord that I need to begin working my way out of the car industry. On April 1, I accepted a job as a jewelry salesman at a store in the mall. Immediately afterward, offers for interviews began pouring in. I found myself on phone interviews for jobs ranging from programmer to network analyst to grunt tech support. One of those phone interviews led to a face-to-face interview with a company known for treating its employees very well.

That job has materialized. Waiting only for the legal department to finalize the paperwork, I start working in the computer field this week. God has provided a way that I can bring home the money we need to run a household. He has provided a way that, with the lessons we learned from being po', we can now live on less money than before and still have extra. By acknowledging that all our gifts come from the Lord, we can have less and still be satisfied.

Prayer:

Almighty Heavenly Father, we know that you have promised to not let a single sparrow escape from your loving grasp. And that you consider us to be worth so much more than a sparrow. Thank you for your abundant providence! Thank you for bringing home our bacon!

Father, as we all embark upon a new day, remind us of your continued presence and gifts. Bring us home with you and provide us all with a full tummy. And remind us that there are others who do not have what they need - and you have commissioned us to care for those needs.

In Christ's Name we pray,
Amen!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Simpsongirl said…

    I rejoice with you guys that you have emerged from the time of scarcity into this new era of blessing. It sounds like it has been a time of rich spiritual lessons and growth.

    Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home