Healing Power

Running commentary on how Jesus' Healing Power is affecting my life - and helping me to help others.

Friday, April 25, 2008

In ALL Things, I will Praise Your Name!

A little background is needed: This week, my job did not start as planned. There were some contract and HR snafus, so my start date was pushed to next Monday (04/28/2008). They have assured me that I still have the job, that the client company still wants me, that they wanted me to start on the day they interviewed me... but that there were simply some hurdles to overcome. So, for three days this week, I rose at 6 AM, got showered and dressed just in case they called. Then, at 5 PM I went to my other job at the jewelry store.


My wife has been preparing to lead the Ladies' Retreat at our church. That has taken an extraordinary amount of time with very long days, often starting before 7 AM and rarely ending before 1 AM. During this last week, she was finalizing preparations and ensuring that everything was ready to go. Still some long days. Hours on the telephone and computer. Last minute changes. Her schedule was booked solid, and she was supposed to be caring for the kids while I was at work.

Well, as you can probably guess, I was very frustrated. My job did not come through as expected, and I was stuck at home all day. I was happy to take the kids all day so my wife could do her thing. This unexpected pleasure, though, was not enough to overcome the frustration I felt at not going to work. I was getting angry and short-tempered.

Finally, my wife looked at me and said, "I have enough trouble planning for this retreat with you working one job. It would have been impossible if you were working two, as we thought you would be. God has freed your time so you can help me as I go to do His work!"

Amazed, I just stared at her. Don't get me wrong; my wife always has wonderful spiritual insight for me. I really think she operates on a higher plane than I do. But I was amazed because I had been trying to find any reason that this was more than just another way to get me down. When she pointed that out, I still struggled with frustration, but I could see the Hand of God in everything that was happening.

She left for the retreat yesterday. My folks are here to watch the kids while I go to the jewelry store. All is indeed well with the world.

Prayer:

Father in Heaven, Your ways are so much higher than our ways. Your ways can see all things, past, present and future, and make it all work for good. Forgive me for having been so blind I could not see Your Almighty Hand in all that has happened.

I ask that you open the eyes of all who believe. Open their eyes to see how You work in all things, even the mundane or frustrating. That some must sacrifice temporarily so that others may move forward.

Finally, thank you so much for the new job! I am very excited about it, and I am ready to commit to it for the long haul - which I would not have been able to do without Your hand in my life. Thank you for using me as a piece of Your glory on earth. Thank you for allowing me to spend more time with my kids. Thank you for giving my parents time to come up and spend with us. And thank you most of all for the lovely woman you put in my life who so strongly desires to work for You!

In Christ's Name we pray,
Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home