Healing Power

Running commentary on how Jesus' Healing Power is affecting my life - and helping me to help others.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

How Do You Do It?

I used to be crude. I used to enjoy crude humor. "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me." (1 Cor. 13:11, NIV) Apparently, though, becoming a man doesn't mean anything if I don't keep pushing it.

I keep finding myself drawn to that crude humor. I laugh at it. I participate in it. I make people laugh and I feel better. Why?

I long to be like Christ. I long to be an example for others. Yet I also don't want to alienate anybody. So, in my pursuit of commonality, I surrender that which is most vital - my tiny bit of holiness.

So, how do others do it? How do people remain an integral part of society; accepted in a world of sin while retaining their holiness? How do people avoid being shunned for their relationship with the Savior? Better yet - how do people truly stand up for Christ without the fear of being shunned?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home